Monday, October 26, 2009

Forest Path in Autumn


Here's another autumn scene: a quiet path through the woods as the leaves change colors in the crisp fall air. When painting this, I thought of the red-orange trees as some species of oak, while the yellow ones are hickories, though most any trees of the right autumn colors would work. This is a timely painting since the autumn colors are peaking about now as they do most years from the end of October into early November. The color is quite good this year, though the rainy weekends have cut down on how often I can get out into the woods. Thankfully, this past Sunday was beautiful and perfect for a walk down a path like this one.

"Forest Path in Autumn"

Acrylic painting, 14" x 17"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matthew:
    Thank you for your kind words regarding my work. I appreciate your thoughts. I do love late summer in New England. I have enjoyed seeing your work on your blog...do you work plein air? Keep up the good painting and thanks again,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete